The best way to learn about Cretan gastronomy is to explore it with your senses getting involved in the process of cooking according to traditional recipes and indulging in it.
With this belief in mind, we have decided to expand our Academy’s activities and provide summer cooking classes for those Island’s visitors who are eager to learn about our culture and want to get the real hands-on local experience. In the cooking sessions you will be able to grasp the very essence of Cretan gastronomy in a fun and relaxed environment.
Our Master Chef Iosif and his assistant Anna will teach you how to prepare a traditional Cretan village five-course meal with only fresh local ingredients – meat, vegetables, smoked cuts, cheeses and much more, all recipes based on best quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
After the class you will sit down with your new foodie friends and enjoy the three-course meal you just cooked, pairing it with excellent Cretan wine picked by our sommelier. The wine and refreshments are complimentary.
After our class you will be able to prepare a traditional Cretan meal that will delight your senses!
Together with the memories of this unique experience you will take away with you the recipes with the ingredients, portions and every detail allowing you to impress your friends back home.
Detailed information about cooking classes:
- Highlights: Preparation of a traditional Cretan, Five-course lunch (wine and refreshments included).
- Includes: Five-course meal with local wine, apron and bandanna, file with recipes, coffee and refreshments on arrival.
- Time: 10:30 to 14.30 (~ 4 hours)
- Day: Tuesday, (for any other days on request)
- Location/Meeting place: Loucerna Art Hotel, Halepa, Chania.
- The language of the class instruction: English.
- Cost: 55.00 € per person (all taxes included).
- Payment: Cash, Visa or Master Card.
Notes: Minimum number of participants 6 people. The maximum number of participants 12 people. Chania Gastronomy can accept different bookings until the minimum and a maximum number of participants is reached. Chania Gastronomy can cancel bookings in case the minimum number of participants is not reached. Wi-Fi is available during the class. Chania Gastronomy classes are vegetarian-friendly; we can adapt the original dishes accordingly for groups of Vegan or Vegetarians