Wine Tasting Sessions
Wine tasting is a voyage for your senses, a chance to experience the unique and distinct flavors of Cretan wines.
Our certified sommelier will guide you through the magic of the local wines and cheeses and will explain to you how they complement and contrast each other, revealing the whole new angle on Cretan gastronomy and the role of wine pairing in your dining experience.
In this session, you will have the opportunity to taste 5 different local wines alongside with local cheese and discover the art of pairing. The cheeses you will taste are made of goat’s and/or sheep’s milk. During the tasting, you will learn about the local wineries and the wine makers that produce them, the vinification and viticultural practices, as well as about the grape varieties these wines are made of.
Our terrace with its relaxed and cozy atmosphere is an ideal place to socialize with other wine lovers, learn about the local food and wine culture and enjoy the summer night.
Over the last few years, the island of Crete, as a winemaking region, is starting to gain the long-deserved recognition around the globe. The market for Cretan produce is growing exponentially quickly and the region is producing some award winning wines.
Detailed information about our Wine tasting sessions:
- Highlights: Tasting of 7 Cretan wines paired with a variety of Greek cheeses.
- Includes: Wines and cheeses, coffee and refreshments on arrival, file with all the information.
- Day: Tuesday.
- Time: 19:30 to 21:30 (~ 2:00 hours).
- Location/Meeting place: Loucerna Art Hotel, Halepa, check “The Venue” page for more details.
- The language of the instructions: English.
- Cost: 25.00 Euro per person. ADULTS ONLY!
- Payment: Cash, Visa, Master Card.
Notes: Minimum number of participants 6 people / Maximum number of participants 10 persons. Chania Gastronomy can accept different bookings until the minimum and the maximum number of participants is reached.
Health Restrictions:Not recommended for people with lactose restriction. In this case, choose a Cooking Class.